Friday, June 14, 2013

my morning thoughts....

Just Avenlea and I are up....and I sit here....watching the gentle, quiet business that goes on around me....and I think to myself...."I have such a beautiful life!" I know that all of my other babies are sound asleep in their beds dreaming of butterflies and frogs...maybe even a fish on their line...my dear husband is probably snoring away behind the closed bedroom door...(I am pretty sure he is dreaming of a fish on his line ;o)
 I can't help but think...our days of having Andrew here in our home with us is coming to a quick and all too soon end. And, although this brings me a deep sadness in the depths of my heart, I can still see the Lord's gracious hand in this beautiful picture that is unfolding before my eyes and I am at peace with it. I am so excited to see what is ahead for him. I have NO doubt that the Lord has GREAT things in store for him...and us! When my oldest left home (prematurely), I didn't have this peace. I had little comfort that it was God's Will. And EVERY day since...has had it's own amout, small or great, of pain and sorrow over the choices that have been made, over the path that has been taken. You see, Andrew....is called of the Lord. He hears the Lord's sweet voice and he follows. He waits patiently for the doors to open...he doesn't knock them all down to see which one he wants to go through. He waits...and waits....until he knows that the Lord has opened it for him before he walks through. I can't wait to see which door opens next. This is such a blessing!
A bird is on the window, seeking her babies' breakfast, I bet....Avenlea sits with what once was a bowl of grapes...only one remains... as she swirls it around and around in that tiny little bowl. You can see her brain just burning with curiousity. I hear the gentle sound of the fan in the hall. I see the first sunlight peeping through the trees. I can hear the faint barking of the dogs...probably running of those pesky wild hogs that are tearing up our back pasture (I hope). The roosters are crowing...some of the young ones sound as if the are choking instead of crowing. Birds are singing their song of the new morning. I hear the washing machine in it's last spin before it alerts me that it is time to hang out the laundry. Avenlea's sweet gentle voice is singing her favorite song "A..B...C...D...E...F....G......". I look at the clock and realize that I MUST get breakfast going for the crew...and disrupt their peaceful dreams...the morning chores are calling. Such a beautiful life! And there goes the washer ;o)
I hope YOU take time to listen......
My prayer for you this day:
 2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.


 
This was taken a few weeks ago....there was a rainbow around the sun....so neat :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment