Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hog butchering day breakfast

While my crew is out (in 28 degrees) prepping all of the hog butchering supplies, I am left in the nice, warm protection of my 75 degree kitchen mAking a tantalizing EASY breakfast for my soon to be hard at work bunch. Who has the better deal? I do enjoy helping out on the butchering process, and usually do...but the freezing air is not the place for my sweet little Avenlea Jade. So, I get to peek out the window and watch as my children do, with their daddy, what I did so many cold winter mornings with my daddy. It is a feeling that nearly overwhelms this lil ol' heart of mine, slap dab near to the point of bustin'! (I sound so much like my g'ma :0)
ANYWAY...to encourage their hard work and give them a reminder of JUST EXACTLY WHY we go through the trouble of raising our own food, I am fixing an easy, but SCRUMPTOUS country breakfast of smothered smoked sausage with onions and peppers, farm fresh scrambled eggs and nice, warm, soft tortillas to wrap it up in to eat on the go.
I am sure this is going to be one BUSY day....the old gal probably weighs 350 lbs ...or more!!! Better put this baby down and get to it ;0) have a GREAT day!







2 comments:

  1. I know nothing about butchering pigs but I am totally sure that everyone would love such a wonderful breakfast while working hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMy!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had to postpone our butchering day today because everyone is sick :(

    ReplyDelete