Friday, November 30, 2012

Fresh Garden Salad made by my girls

The girls were so excited about making lunch for us today! They got to pick lettuces, some greens, a radish, an onion and a carrot out of the garden and prepare our lunch for me! Mariah took the pictures for me as well. She was super excited to be in charge from picking to preparing to presentation. I think she did a fine job! And Anaiah served wholeheartedly....as usual! The salad was super delish!!! Everyone had seconds!!!

Sunset lettuce, butter crunch, spinach, arugula, red onion, freshly grated carrot,thinly sliced red radish and freshly made farmhouse buttermilk ranch with LOTS of fresh cracked black pepper

They were so cute...making sure to write their recipe down for our future cookbook ;0)
What a treat!
I SURE do love this bunch!!!





3 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful salad! How great that they were able to prepare it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You :o) It is so fun to watch their excitement over things that they planted, that they have helped tend for months, and finally get to taste the fruits of that labor and care. It NEVER gets old to me. Year after year, the fruit seems sweeter and sweeter to me.( And I am pretty sure that it made Mariah and Anaiah pretty happy that I blogged about it ;o)

      Delete
  2. What a yummy salad!!! I love the life we are able to give our children! Im excited for our garden this year!!!

    ReplyDelete