Saturday, November 17, 2012

Some of my favorite skirts


Here are JUST A FEW of my favorite skirts that I have made from ideas that I have gotten from Pinterest, Etsy, and elsewhere on the Internet. I am so pleased at how these turned scraps of old material, that may not have been used for much otherwise, into something that is fun and comfortable for me to wear. I am constantly making all 6 of my girls clothes to wear and these skirts were all in a days' work for me....ALL for me!!! Well! I have to have clothes too ;o)  I like versatility with my bottoms, because I tend to be a bit boring with my tops. Nursing babies and pregnancies for nearly 12 years straight leave little room for me to play around with tailored tops and time sucking buttons...so, I tend to go with peasant and regular styled tees in familiar colors so I can work my wardrobe in and out of lifes' changing seasons. I rarely put zippers in my skirts for the same reason. I do like a fitted skirt....and do have some....but, these styles just work so easy with my busy life...and...I feel like a lady, which is of the utmost importance to me.
I am going to try to make a post with more of my favorites...a denim that I wear most of all...and a couple of winter skirts that I am working on. Have a blessed weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. I know I am a stranger to you, but I have found your blog through Fresh Modesty. I have totally loved browsing through your blog and seeing what a wonderful life you've been blessed with! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jennifer! So glad you stopped by to check my little blog out! Thank you for your sweet comment! It made my day! Yes, I am so blessed...and I love this busy life of mine! Come back and visit me again soon!

      Delete
  2. BEautiful skirts!!!! GREAT JOB!!!! One Day we will sew together!!! :) Maybe we should bring our sewing machines to THSC :) HA HA HA

    ReplyDelete