Friday, November 2, 2012

WHEW! Catching a breath....and catching up~

Wow! It has been a while since I have found ANY time to write a post on here! lol! I guess I will do a QUICK update and then move to the more important news of the day ;o)

Since my last post...we have just been doing the usual...keeping up with the chores of a small garden and farm. Our summer garden proved to be very bountiful this year. We sold over 100 lbs of produce besides all that we canned or consumed for ourselves. We were all so thankful and pleased. We let the ground rest for a few months...leaving in Marion's beloved peppers and a few tomato plants that were still producing...and began preperations for our fall garden. We planted EVERYTHING from heirloom seeds...we didn't try to start any seedlings or plants. It is so fun for the kids (and parents) to work together on this type of project. Everyone tossed their ideas into the pot, and we came up with a nice little plan to plant and mark everything. We have already had to harvest most of the radishes because the just grew so fast! We have had Mustard Greens and Kale a few times already, as well! (my FAV!)

My herb beds are doing well for this time of the year. I have harvested daily for cooking and from it about 4 or 5 times during the summer for drying...I LOVE drying the herbs! It is relaxing to me :o) the smells and the quiet time....medicine for my soul. Funny how it is...I spend the whole time just thanking the Good Lord for His provision of such wonderful things as herbs and sweet smelling things. I am so truly grateful! Mariah has been starting some seeds that we collected off of the herbs when they went to seed. She has developed a new love. I hope that she finds as much joy in growing and harvesting as I know that I do. She has developed ideas for a new business and we are pulling together things to help her move on it. She truly loves to help people...in earthy and sweet ways ;o)

ALL OF THE CHILDREN are growing like CRAZY! I know they eat ALL DAY LONG!!! So, this should NOT suprise me...but I blink and they are 2 inches and 2 shoe sizes bigger! AGGG!!!!! My heart does ache a little at this fact! They are all healthy...and for that I am so truly thankful! Avenlea Jade will be ! year old soon....and EVERY time I snuggle her close (I try to do this about every 5 minutes ;o) I sense the shortness of the time...and see all of the things that she learns so easily...and I know that baby days are all to quickly fading. I shall NEVER grow tired of those precious innocent times. She has absolutely stolen my heart. I can't believe how each child has brought more LIFE to my soul...I look back to my early years and realize I wasn't yet living...with each blessing that the Lord has given to us...It seems as though I get another breath of LIFE and have grown quite fond if the feeling :o)

Andrew has been working with my Dad...doing odd jobs like roofing and brush hogging. This type of work is good for a Homeschooler. He makes some money to rat hole away and still makes it home to do his chores and his lessons. Such a precious young man!


Emari is still her sassy little spirited self...always finding ways to make us laugh. She is such a smart little chic...in every way!

Marowynn is as precious as any 4 yr old child could be, She is so kind and compassionate...will share with anyone. She LOVES doing school, and is so eager to help me do my mommy duties. She says she can't wait to be a mommy and a doctoe and a dentis and a cookoe and a teachoe...JUST like me :o) (I never grow tired of her little spin on english)

Eowyn is a busy little bee. Her arm got twisted by a little girl at church a week ago...and after 3 drs visits and about 15 xrays (SHIVER down my spine) she had to get a pretty pink bandaid (cast) on her arm so that the torn ligaments and tendons could heal. I sure hole this works...I wouldn't be surprised if she figures out a way to slip out of that thing at some point...but for now, she seems to understand that it is for her own good to have it.


Anaiah turn 8 a few weeks back...she has proved to be such a help to me. She plans all of the girls clothes and she LOVEs to cook with me. All of the foraging that we have taught her has proved to be an obsession with her. She is constantly looking for things that can be used for food. She has the voice of an angel...if she only wasn't too bashful to share that with the world :o) She is so good with Avenlea...always wanting to feed her and bathe her and pick out her clothes...kinda reminds me of someone else I used to know about 30 years ago :o)


Well...I hope that I have a few readers left out there...I am very busy and I can't apologize for putting my family before blogging...BUT, I do like to check in from time to time and see what is going on around me.

Time to make the donuts....and do the laundry....and wash some dishes....and check the garden....and feed the critters....OH! That reminds me...3 nights ago, I was up all night with a sweet little baby that had an earache..It was the night that Hurricane Sandy blew in up north...the full moon was bright, Our dogs barked ALL>>>>NIGHT>>>>LONG!!!! And in the midst of this crazy barking, Andrew grew tired of it and the lack of sleep...grabbed his gun and went to check on things outside. He heard a commotion in the pigpen. When he got out there, he found a pack of wild dogs (PIT BULLS) that were IN THE PEN with the big hogs and the were chewing the ears and tails and backside off of them!!! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! DEAD dogs EVERYWHERE!!! The hogs are absolutely traumatized...and rightfully so. We have had to go make them get up and eat and drinl every day. VERY SCARY! Hope that doesn't EVER happen again!


No comments:

Post a Comment